ColdblackSun Reflector - UV Protector
Dark colors heat up stronger when exposed to direct sunlight compared to light colors. This no longer needs to happen! Now there is coldback, a special finishing technology for textilles which reduces heat build-up and provides reliable prtection from UV rays.
Effective Heat Management
Light colored textiles reflect both visible and invisible rays of sunlight, meaning both heat and light. Dark colored textiles absorb both types of rays and therefor absorb teat coldblack reduces this absorbition of heat rays particulary in the case of darker colors and in all tyes of textiles. The result is tangibly better teat management
- Optional protection from heating up due to sunlight
- Textiles stay cool to the touch
- Reliable protection from UV rays ( minimum UPF 30+)
Reliable Protection from UV Rays
Many textiles worn in the summertime oi exposed to the sun offer poor protection from damaging UV rays. The coldblack technology guarantees a minimum UPF 30+ protection when applied to any textile** In any color without affecting the loof or feel of the product. As a result, textiles with coldblack can make an effective contribution to protecting against harmful UV rays.
** Important: The UPF value can vary depending on structure, thickness and material. It relates to closed textile surface for this reason the UPF factor needs to be determined on the differet textiles. From a minimum of 30* coldblack conformity is guaranteed
DownLight fabric with hight yam density. This fabric is manufactured with micro-fibres and special coatings to make them feather- and down-proof
Bamboo fabric has a natural sheen and softness that feels and drapes like slik but is less expensive and more durable Bamboo cothing is easy to lauder in a clothes washer and dryer Because of the smooth and round structure of ist fibre, bamboo clothing is soft and non-irritaiting, even to sensitive skin. Some people with chemical sensitivities can not tolerate bamboo clothing. We are not sure if this intolerance is due to the instrinsuic nature of bamboo but it more likely because of the chemicals added or used during the manufacturing and finishing processes of the clothing. Bamboo is naturally anti-baterical and anti-fungal supposedly because of a bacteriostatis agent unique to bamboo plants called "bamboo kun" which also helps bamboo resist harboring odors. "Kun" is also sometimes spelled "kunh". The bamboo kun in bamboo fabric stops odor-producing bacteria from growing and spreading in the bamboo cloth allowing to be more hygienic and to remain fresher smelling.
Bamboo clothing is hypoallergenic.
Bamboo is highly absorbet and wicks water away from the body 3 to 4 times faster than cotton. In warm, humid and sweaty weather, bamboo clothing helps keep the wearer drier, cooler and more confortable and doesn't stick to the skin. the structure of bamboo fibers make bamboo fabrics more breathable and thermal regulating than cotton, hemp, wool or synthetic fabrics. Bamboo clothing is naturally mor wrinkle-resistant than cotton, and while it might still reqquire ironing after washing, bamboo fabric can be ironed a a lower temperature than cotton. Shrinkage during washing and drying is minimal at warm temperatures. Bamboo fibres and fabrics absorb dyes faster and more thoroughly than cotton, modal and viscose with better color clarity. Bamboo fabrics do not need to be mercerized to improve their luster and dye-abillity like cotton requires. Bamboo the plant and also bamboo the fabric can rate high as an environmentally friendly and renewable resource: Bamboo grows rapidly and naturally without any pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers. Bamboo clothing (both mechanically and chemically manufactured) is 100% biodegradable and can be completely decomposed in the soll by micro-organisms ans sunlight without decomposing into any pollutants such as methane gas which is commonly produced as a by-product of decomposition in landfills and dumps. Growing bamboo improves soll quality and helps rebuild eroded soll. The extensive root system of bamboo holds soll together, prevents soll erosion, and retains water in the watershed. Bamboo grows naturally without the need for agricultural tending and large diesel echaust-spewing tractors to plant seeds and cultivate the soll. Bamboo plantatioms are large factories dor photosynthesis which reduce greenhouse gases. Bamboo pklants absorb about 5 times the amount of carbon dioxide ( a primary greenhouse gas) and produces about 35% more oxygen than an wquivalent stand of trees. Bamboo fabrics and clothing can ben manufactured and produced without any chmeical additives althoigh eco-certification as Oeko-Tex is necessary to insure that the manufacturing and finishing processes are healthy. Currently, there are now known genetically modified organisms (GMO) variants of bamboo. Let's hope it stays taht way.
GORE-TEXGORE-TEX® fabrics lead the industry of technical clothing in the provision of waterproof protection, breathability and durability. The GORE-TEX® membrane is completely water, sleet and at the same time allows for perspiration to pass through it: it is formed by pores which are 20,000 times smaller than a drop of water, but 700 times larger than a molecule of water vapor and therefore, water can’t get in, but perspiration can get out. Its durability has been tested and asserted reproducing the most extreme weather conditions in laboratories.
GORE-TEX® PACLITE® is ideal when you need a shell that is truly light, breathable and packable. It offers excellent weather protection as it resists extremely wet conditions; it has the highest level of breathability, is very practical thanks to its low weight and minimum pack volume, and has a very comfortable feel for the wearer. It also has a special protective layer in an oil-repellent substance with carbon that protects the membrane from oils, sprays and cosmetics that could affect its performance.
Organic CottonApperances often deceive - unfortunately. But the truth is that there is little that is natural in cotton if it is cultivated and processed using conventional methods. Conventional cotton cultivation is well-know for ist intensive use of pesticides. Each year around 18% of the entire amount of pesticides used in the world is used for the cultivation of cotton. This high use of chemicals effects not only agriculture but also the further processing of the cotton at almost every production level. But there is an alternative: ORGANIC COTTON. For some yeras cotton growers have been investing in new methods: "organic cotton" is an organic farming product that is subject to continuous and consistent monitoring and for the cultivation of which no use can ben made of chemical fertilizer, pesticides and defollants. the cotton plant is planted at certain intevals as part of an crop rotation cycle, which in turn allows it to retainits natural cycle and biological balance. The new methods also result in reduced water consumption and the overall burder on the enviroment is significantly lower. Naturally no use is made of environmentally-damaging agents and procedures during later processing and end-product production either. Organic growing requires more time, more experience and more effort, and therefore the costs involved are also higher. But it's worth it.
Pittards- Pittards Oiltac: grip-enhanced, treated leather
- limits water uptake into the fibre structure, thus guaranteeing excellent tactile sensitivity under the most adverse conditions
- treated to prevent the absorbition of moisture, including sweat into the glove
PolarliteThe POLARLITE brand is the symbol of Salewa's long experience and enthusiasm for fleec. The POLARLITE range includes products of varlous weights and characteristics (strech, microfiber, body-mapping, printed shift fabrics) to meet akk the demands og high-altitude outdoor activities.
Polarlite flannel: the new mountaineering shirt
Our shirts very light and warm. The material feels confortable against the skin, is easy to care for and fast-drying. Polarlite flannel gets its characteristics from the hollow fibers used in its manufacture. Polyester hollow fibre is a synthetic fibre which is manufactured with microscopic ait channels running throught the filaments. This gives it grate insulating properies. Through the process of evolution, the polar bear has adapted to life in icy conditions. Its white fur lets sunlight penetrate to the black skin underneath. At the same time, the micron-fine air ducts through the interior of each hair capture and retain the warmth. Air has great insulating properties, and so the bear's body is protected from the cold. the idea of hollow fibres was developed by limitating the hairs in a polar bear's fur. In the course of production, synthetic fibres such as polyester are through a mould before they solidify. The more air that is enclosed, the better the insulating properties. The fibres are mostly between 15 and 20 microns thick, with several running through. The highest insulating properties are however achieved with hollow fibers that feature one single large duct.
PolygieneWhat are the benefits of Polygiene?
- Polygiene inhibits the growth of microorganisms such as bacterial and fungi that cause odor.
- Your garments, footwear and gear will:
- Stay Fresh - Polygiene inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacterial. Odor develops when bacterial settles into the fabric, mixes with sweat and multiplies.
- Hygienic - Less bacterial and fungi in footwear, wetsuits and gear helps reduce tinea infections, such as athlete's foot.
- Enviromentally friendly - Polygiene-treated clothing can be worm for longer periods of time before laudering is required. Therefore less energy, less water and less detergent are used. When traveling or hiking, you can pack less clothing and travel light with less luggage.
- Longer lifetime - Prolongs garment, footwear and gear lifetime by eleminating the bacterial that down synthetic fibers.
- Polygiene treatment is guaranteed to last the lifetime of the garment, footwear or gear.
What is Polygiene and how does it work?
- Polygiene is based on natural silver salt made from recycled silver.
- Silver salt is naturally present both in water (drinking water as wekk as sea water) ad in the soil.
- Polygiene particles have a large amount of silver ions per surface area. Due to the structure of the particles, very small amounts of silver are required. Treating 5,000 garaments or approximately 1,000 kilos of fabric requires the same amount of silver as one or two silver rings.
- Polygiene is applied to the fabric during the finishing stage at the same time as other treatments. This helps minimize impact on the enviroment because additional energy or water is not required.
Safe next to your skin
- Polygiene is active only on the fabric surface and does not interfere with the ski's natural bacterial flora.
- Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanosilver particles and therefore are too large to pass through the skin. According to scientific research, nanosilver particles can penetrate the skin barrier and interfere with the skin's natural bacterial flora.
- Polygiene has its heritage in the healthcare sector, and Polygiene technology is approved for use on open wounds. It is therefore safe for use next to the skin, even for people with eczema and foot blisters
PowertexPowertex fabric is highly breathablw, wind-and-waterproof, water repellent and durable; it is also light, soft and has a comfortable feel for the wearer, and with all these features, offers an excellent price/quality ratio. During aerobic activities, the Powertex membrane draws away from the body the moisture that is generated and evacuates it, distributing it on the fabric surface reducing internal condensation and making the speed of the evaporation a lot aster; at the same time it prevents outside water to penetrate, therefor keeping the weaer warm, dry and comfortable. Powertex fabrics are available in two, two and a half, and three layers.
Resistex Carbon- continuous filament yam
- excellent perspiration and moisture management characteristics
- supports the comfort of the body during activity
StormwallStormwall garments are designed to keep the body warm, dry, and confortable; a combination of DWR treatment on the outside and a windproof membrane makes these materials stand up to both water and wind. SILVERSHELL This is the lightest of the Softshell fabrics because it dous not a membrane, but its DWR coating is water repellent and highly breathable. The very light weave makes it windproof. A special fiber countaining silver ions, with superior thermal characteristics, makes it particulary well-suited to aerobic sports, since it prevents the growth of bacterial and the formation of unpleasant odors; its antibacterial properties remain active for the product's entire life span, even after washing.
ThermocoolFeeling too hot or to cold?
We have all experienced these two extreme and contrasting sensations, hot and cold, during the same day or a particular activity and their negative aspects on confort and performance. It is because our activity level, as well as external weather conditions during the same day or during several hours of the same physical exercise change, that the R&D engineers of ADVANSA have created a unique yarn for fabric and cloths offering both technical performances. Warmth when you feel cold and cooling when you feel hot.
ADVANSA Thermo Cool is designed to optimize the body's natural thermoregulation capabillities through smart fibre cross-sections: providing evaporative cooling or thermo buffering according to the wearer's needs.
THERMO °COOL™...MULTI-DUNCTIONAL AND ECOLOGICAL Consumer trend researrch confirms a high interest by the final consumer for multi-dunctional products which offer combined benefits such as food (light and nutritional), cars (compact and comfortable), mobile phones.. adding the enviromental friendly option where ethnical criterial will make a difference and may reconcile our individual and consumer behaviours. The ADVANSA Thermo Cool combination is a uniques blend of fibres with a hollow core along with fibres with a channeled surface providing benefits beyond what can be expected by just one type of fibre in a single yam. A wide portfolio of products is being developed including a variety of innovative performance cross-sections. Hollow coids in the fabric provide a lightweight material with thermobuffering properies: it protects the user from temperatures changes, This also prevents post exercise chill and still allows excess heal to dissipate into the air.
HIGH ACTIVITY: EVAPORATIVE COOLING
ADVANSA Thermo Cool evaporates moisture faster than other materials thanks to its unique fibre mix. The fibres are designed to provide added evaporative surface. The fibres with multi-channel surface give outstanding moisture transport. Hollow fibres allow anhanced air circulation and focus energy on the evaporation process.
Vital protection- HHL Technology Wital Protection is a unique, long lasting fabric finishing that has been disigned to provide essential protectuion against mosquitoes, midges and other nasty, biting insects.
- This innocative technology works by repelling insects to prevent nasty, itchy bites-assisting in the avoidance of tropical diseases such as Malaria, West Nile Virus and other vector transmitted diseases whilst remaining kind on the skin and fabric.
- It is independently proven to be both non-sensitising and non-irritant.
- Vital Protection is indepedently proved to sinificatly reduce bites drom annoying Insects by up to 90% and is 90% effective at repelling blood feeding insects. It reduce mosquito landings by up to 45%.
- Independent testing has demonstrated some level pf protection for areas around the treated garment- uncovered parts should howerver alway be protected.
- HHL Technology is synergistic, the unique selling feature of our technology being that the efficacy of low doeses of active ingredients are accelerated, ensuring real functionality and durability to our customers whilst using minimal amounts of product.
- This highly effective, long lasting, dual action technology also inhibits odours and common bacteria- ensuring fresher fabrics and more hygienic and durable garments.
- New clothing is protected from staining, discolouiation and degradation caused by microbes-helping keep purchases looking newer and cleaner for longer, wash after wash. The effects of Vital Protection are extremely durable and long lasting.
- Vital Protection is flecible and versatile and can be applied to any fabric type. It is environmentally friendly, blodegradable, safe to use and actually improves fabric handling. It is not Nano technology and there is no risk of volatile compounds.
- Wital Protection can help you remain safe, healthy and hygienic, no matter where your travels take you!
WindstopperWINDSTOPPER® Soft Shell
- Total Windproofness: Protects your body's warmth from the chilling effects of wind and weather
- Maximum Breathablity: Prevents overheating and perspiration build-up by allowing moisture vapour to easily escape
- Active Fit: Offers soft comfort with freedom of movement
- Versatile: Dellvers comfort as a mid or outer layer
- Water Resistant: Sheds rain, snow and dries quickly.
WINDSTOPPER® fabrics offer soft, lightweight weather protection in one versatile and durable garment. Owning to their total windproofness and maximum breathability, our garments will keep you comfortable longer across a wide range of weather conditions and activities.
X-StaticX-Static -- The Silver Fiber
X-static is a fiber made with layer of 99,m9% pure silver, which is permanently bonded to the surface of a textile fiber. It has been used primarily as an industrial and medical product, servicing high-tech industries and the Department of Defense. More recently it has been thrust into consumer product markets as a result of the need foe a safe, natural and effictive antimicrobial solution. X-static is a fiber antimicrobial, all natural, heat transfer, anti-static and therapeutic.
The antimicrobial performance of X-static has been validated by prestgious institutions troughout the world. Several studies prove that when someone wears a x-static product, the fiber is so effective that sweat actually becomes antimicrobial.
Speed_ x-static eliminates 99,9% of bacteria in less than one hour of exposure. Catalyst: the hotter and wetter the enviroment, the more effective X-static becomes. Safe and Natural: X-static is made with pure silver, a naturally accurring element. There are no chemicals and thereis no fear of toxicity for the consumer. Permanent: X-static is not a surface treatment. Silver is irreversibly bound to a polymer so it becomes a physical part of fiber. X-static is permanent and performance does not diminish over time. In fact, X-static has been tested for more than 250 washes with no reduction in antibacterial perfomance.
Bacterial are only one cause of body odor. Ammonia and denatured proteins are also sinificant contributors to odor in apperal and hosiery products. Vebause silver is on of the outside of the fiver, x-static allows for immediate binding with ammonia and denatured proteins resultinf in instant odor reduction.
The antimicrobial performance of X-static has been validated by prestigious institutions throughtout the world. Several studies prove that when someone wears an x-static product, the fiber is so effective that actually becomes antimicrobial.
100% Safe and non-toxic, containing no chemical or presticides
Silver is the most thermally conductive element on the plante. This means that X-static works to quikly and evenly distribute and transfer heat throughout a product.
X-static accelerates the movement of moisture through evaporation. As a result, x-static apparel allows for increased comfort in war weather by minimizing moisture contact with the skin
Silver has an infrared (IR) Reflectivity rating of great than 95%. the highest of any element. In other words, 95%of the radiative energy that contacts silver will be reflected back to its source. As a result, X-static radiative heat loss by actively reflecting the body's energy back to the skin.
Silver has one of the lowest emissivity ratings of any element, which means that it rdiates thermal energy very slowly. Silver will remain for a very long period of time. With X-static apparel designed for cold weather, any heat not reflected back to the body by the fiber will be absorbed and stored in the fiber an extended period of time. As a result, the X-static product will keep the wearmer longer than a passive fiber system.
X-static enhaces the natural movement of moisture through hzdrophobic materials the same waz the bodz does-by using evaporation. When X-static is placed in a most enviroment with another hydrophobic material, the conductivity of the X-static will act to accelerate the evaporation of moisture. As a result, X-static apparel will trasport moisture away from the body faster, allowing for a more confortable environment
Static electricity is a phenomenon called static discharge, or triboelectric changing. Walking across your carpet in regular sicks, which causes two non-conductive materials to rub together, can create in excess 50,000 volts. Dry conditions, such as those that exist during the winter months, and synthetic materials amplify the problem. The only way to minimize or eleminate the problem is to dissipate the electrical changes through a conductive material Silver has the highest electrical conductivity rating of any element. Therefore, X-static, which is coaled with pure silver, will conduct electricity ectremly efficiently. Just a small quantity of X-static in apparel or socks will dissipate triboelectric changes, resulting in static-free, comfortable products
The mechanisms of action in therapeutic devices are electrical and thermal conductivity. Electricity: the body consist of thousands and thousands of nerces that reach the surface of the skin. In fact, the bottom of the foot alone has more than 7.00 nerve endings. The body uses nerves to transmit electrical signals, includig the feeling of pain and discomfort. Because silver is the most conductive element, X-static products will pick up electrical changes on the surface of the skin and dissipate them. The result is less discomfort. Magnetism: whenever electricity passes through a medium, a magnetical field is created. Therefore, when the electrical currents from the body are distributed throughout the X-static fiber, a magnetic field is created around the body. Many prestigous heathcare institutions have recently published studies defending the claim that magnetic products will increase blood flow and reduce swelling.
Zippers YKK RIRI
MS VERTICAL PRO (M)
A perfect combination of the unique Vibram® Salewa Pro outsole with an even lighter and warmer upper for extreme ascents where total ankle freedom of movement and perfect grip are especially important
Fall | Winter
Accepted payment methods
- use stylesheet to hide this list